Saturday, March 26, 2005

Mad Neighbours

I awoke to the sound of rain falling...inside my flat. The people upstairs had let their bath overflow, again. They did this yesterday. I rang the council to complain (after having approached my Neighbours From Hell) but to no avail although I was told I would be compensated for any damage caused. They are now playing their music at such a volume that I'd be surprised if the citizens of Australia cannot hear them. I am competing with mine - Suede's first self titled album - let's see how they enjoy that!

It looks like I have yet another Friendly Neighbourhood Psychopathâ„¢ on my hands. Doug came over and told me that the woman upstairs (who frequently makes enough noise to wake the dead) had gone nuts a few weeks ago and flooded the launderette. She had been taken away in an ambulance - to the ward I am usually admitted to, I presume. lucky thing! Last year she fell asleep in her bedroom, leaving a candle burning. My ex-boyfriend burst in and rescued her. I was at my desktop in the sitting room, listening to music through my earphones and so I didn't hear a thing. Apparently, as this woman was being led into the ambulance a guy leaned out of his window and yelled out to Doug, 'It's all kicking off round here, en't it. Don't need the telly with all this going on!'

Such sensitive neighbours!

I know I should feel sorry for her, I know I should empathise. But I don't.

Not after the ten Valium I've had to take because of her today.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home