Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Unravelling

Starving myself into nothingness
I deny the nature of my plight
For I have learnt to manage my desires
Excuses float from my lips
And I focus firmly on the external


I watch the patterns in the sky
Formed by a flock of intrepid birds
Flying to warmer climes for the winter
And as rain clouds gather I believe
I have encountered enlightenment


I am unravelling
As a star falls to earth
Hunger creates a crack in my heart
The afternoon bleeds into eternity
A juxtaposition of today and yesterday


I feel my skin thinning.
Once think, now papery, fragile
I feel as though I could walk on water
But the sea is too far away
And as evenings falls black bats descend


And I guard my heart
And the universe divides
And the engine within
That keeps me going
Shudders and dies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home