Sunday, May 01, 2005

Other Things That Happened Last Week

I told Dr. S . (My GP) that I am now desperate to change psychiatrists – a bureaucratic nightmare, apparently.  I have heard a rumour on ‘The Circuit’ that my current ‘esteemed psychiatrist’ Dr. H. has spoken to the police on Andy’s behalf.  I must stress that this is just a rumour.  But the remote possibility that it may be true causes me to entertain fantasies about shoving red hot pokers up the Good Doctor’s derierre.  Not exactly an ideal basis for a doctor-patient relationship.  Even Lisa was disgusted  when she heard.  ‘Do you reckon it’s because he’s another bloke?’ she asked and she is certainly no feminist.

‘Yes, Lisa, that’s exactly what I reckon.’

The Great Dr. H. – admired by everyone except his patients.

‘Never trust doctors,’ a fellow patient in hospital once advised me, lowering his voice so he wouldn’t be overheard by the nurses standing nearby.  ‘They’re bound together by honour and loyalty.  A bit like Freemasons.  In fact, you’ll find most of them are Freemasons.’

I recounted the conversation to Dr. S. who said, ‘That’s very true but I’m not.’

‘Well, we shall see,’ as my mother always used to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home