Friday, March 11, 2005

Propaganda Offensive

On Saturday Mary (Daniel's ex-wife) rang to tell me that Daniel had been shocked by what he had witnessed and that I am welcome to 'come over for a meal' some time. (Hmmm, I think I may put that off for a while.) Dylan, my mentor and friend - the one who helped me get my book of poetry published - also rang to say that he had heard what had happened and the propaganda offensive Andy had launched against me has had no effect whatsoever. Lisa and Aaron were also shocked and concerned. Lisa urged me to come and stay with her but, strange as it may seem, the only place in which I feel safe is my flat. She also urged me to tell my mother about what happened. 'Wouldn't you like to know if your daughter had been assaulted?' she asked. I may just do that but I really can't face any more 'I told you so's'; although Lisa also said: 'It's not your fault, 'rie. People often blame themselves when these things happen. You're not to blame for seeing the good in someone and then trying to bring it out.' Mother won't see it like that though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home