Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Rubies

Red Ruby

Black cat orders ebony fur to shine
She steps back, radiant and above
Her the white stage lights wink
I exhibit my endless skills baking
Cakes for weddings, cakes for wakes
Cakes for christenings

Evil creates storms from my thoughts
The secret is in my hand
I bring up each buried head
This is the point at which
I embrace the sky, knowing
That the ocean will never be beaten

A white robed ghost in a high window
Cooling like a apple pie on a wire tray
He stands beneath wet with dew
I am being evaluated for marriage
And he concedes that I am indeed
Exceptionally slender

And the ruby stains the centre
Of my forehead and my wedding cake
Crumbles at the Christening
We pull away, we dissolve
And our minute fragments
Fly for a moment and then descend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home