Monday, May 02, 2005

My Fatal Mistake

I told Dr. S. (my GP) that I suspected Dr. H’s diagnostic skills were flawed and that I’d never forgiven him for sectioning me and then waltzing off on holiday with his wife and six children leaving me in the care of a psychopathic Spanish SHO who immediately doubled my daily dose of Chlorpromazine from 400 to 800 mgs per day. (They don’t call that drug ‘the Liquid Cosh for nothing.) In my notes it states that I was on an average of 300 mgs per day. An outright lie.

I also expressed my concern that the new psychiatrist might arbitrarily change my medication. It has happened before with nightmarish consequences In the summer of 2003 a female SHO prescribed some obscure neuroleptic and I had an allergic reaction to it. My neighbours said later that I looked as though I had had a stroke. I was taken to hospital in an ambulance where I was given an antidote – Procycladine (sp?). ‘I was very grateful for the short letter of apology I received for that little incident.’ I told Dr. S. ‘So short it was non-existent.’

A weak laugh from Dr.S.and then, ‘I think the Efexor is doing you a lot of good but I’m not so sure about the other medication.’ He was referring to the Diazepam and the Ambien. So, now, because I insulted one of his colleagues he may be about to drag these life-lines away from me.

(To Be Continued…)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evista Infomation & side effects Evista what is the most important information i should know about Evista

7:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home