Monday, October 24, 2005

Birmingham Is a City Not a Village

This is something I've needed to get off my chest all day. So much so I shall break a cardinal rule and type this in all caps: BIRMINGHAM IS A CITY, NOT A VILLAGE. In fact, like London, it is divided into numerous districts or suburbs. Kensington is not judged on the basis of what happens in say, Brixton so why should Rednal be judged on the basis of what happens in Aston? I have been asking this question all day. 'How are your parents? They're in Birmingham? And you've had riots there haven't you?'

Bashes head against wall. They live so far away from the area in which these riots are occurring that they may as well be living on another planet. So, people, I appreciate your concern but go and get yourselves a geography lesson. Okay?

One more thing: Does anyone have any tips on dealing with old and cranky cats?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home