Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Political Agnosticism

Did I ever tell you that I was a political agnostic?
This should be preceded a sharp intake of breath. And people will turn and look at you in shock when you utter these words, uncertain of how to respond. I think I identified this condition in a previous entry: polarisation complex. Left or right - you have to align yourself to one end of the political spectrum or there is something missing from your world, a yawning gap in your personality. And that's one less insult they can throw at you: you are neither from the loony left or the rabid right. Sorry sweetie, I have distanced myself from the whole process. I'll go outside and shoot myself. I won't jump on the 'Bash Bush Bandwagon' but neither will I jump onto the 'Liberal? I ain't no stinking Liberal' bandwagon. (Although I am - according to the OED definition of the word). And given the amount of red wine I have consumed tonight, perhaps that's a good idea. I'd probably fall off.
And besides, they probably wouldn't want me on their bandwagon anyway. 'Hey you, get off a my bandwagon.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home