Monday, December 12, 2005

Incompetence and Profligacy

I am not animated. I am in repose. A still-life. But something keeps me clinging to life.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

'Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening'
Robert Frost

I was wrong about my neighbour's children. They come every weekend, rather than every other weekend. Or maybe she keeps elephants as pets - I'm sure that violates the terms of her tenancy agreement. I am going to ring the council tomorrow and ask them exactly how the fire (of the 26th March) started. I'm told they had to rebuild the place (and whatever they did has destroyed what little soundproofing there was) from the inside out and I'm sure they wouldn't spend thousands of pounds of public money without conducting some kind of investigation first. No organisation is that incompetent and profligate.

No, wait a minute...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home