Saturday, December 10, 2005

Doctor, Doctor

So clearly scripted. I mislaid my medication. Or some spirit who resides in my flat snatched them from me. I telephoned my surgery. The sigh from the receptionist was audible. I did get an appointment ... in the end. I told my doctor about the side affects of Zyprexa - weight gain, primarily. Some have even suggested a link with diabetes. The BNF (British National Formulary) does not mention this - internet hysteria, perhaps. It did mention the tiny sparks that shoot up my arms - tingling of the peripheral nerves is one noted side effect. It also disturbs my peripheral vision. I got yelled at by some madwoman in the street for bumping into her. I didn't see her. I shouted after her, 'I did say sorry. What do you want - blood?'

So much for Christmas Spirit. I'd like to see some.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Daniel Haszard said...

I applaud your blog,i took zyprexa which was ineffective for my condition and gave me diabetes.

{Only 9 percent of adult Americans think the pharmaceutical industry can be trusted right around the same rating as big tobacco}

Zyprexa, which is used for the treatment of psychiatric disorders, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, accounted for 32% of Eli Lilly's $14.6 billion revenue last year.

Zyprexa is the product name for Olanzapine,it is Lilly's top selling drug.It was approved by the FDA in 1996 ,an 'atypical' antipsychotic a newer class of drugs without the motor side effects of the older Thorazine.Zyprexa has been linked to causing diabetes and pancreatitis.

Did you know that Lilly made nearly $3 billion last year on diabetic meds, Actos,Humulin and Byetta?
Yes! They sell a drug that causes diabetes and then turn a profit on the drugs that treat the condition that they caused in the first place!

I was prescribed Zyprexa from 1996 until 2000.
In early 2000 i was shocked to have an A1C test result of 13.9 (normal is 4-6) I have no history of diabetes in my family.
----
Daniel Haszard http://www.zyprexa-victims.com

7:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home