Monday, May 22, 2006

Memories

By the Rockpool

In this winter landscape
We walk, by the rockpool
To an outsider we may seem
Heart shaped and superfluous

We carve out initials into the ice
Carve a loveheart into a tree, laced
With the last fall of snow
And we do not dive into that deep pool

Dusk descends and we head out
To the end of the pier – and you
Clutch my small hand so firmly
The bones crunch within

We feel far away from the world
We hear the sound of sirens from the city
For we two have absconded
If only for an afternoon

I feel your love for me cutting through my flesh,
To my marrow. My own affection
Is a pale dancing shadow
I do not find the solidity I crave here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

4:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

1:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

7:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home