Monday, October 23, 2006

Veiled

Isn't it time we drew a veil over all this? (*Wince*) For the last two weeks I have had to sit on my hands, to lock myself in my own flat, to place an armed guard at the foot of my bed so I won't go out and buy myself a Goddamn veil. Not because I have suddently turned to Islam but because the 'Veil' issue is not only a religious issue, it is also a feminist issue. No man has the right to tell women what they cannot wear. The veil acts as a way of separating the wearer from the society in which he exists. Well, whoop-dee-doo. I separate myself on a daily basis from the society in which I am forced to live - Ipod, sunglasses, hats, my front door. And guess what? I like it. I don't need to be 'liberated'. But it would be nice if, just occasionally, someone would make an attempt.

But then maybe I'm not as important as those 'Veiled' women.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home