Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Violence of Parting

A shudder, sudden
A vehement, violent, viper's sting
I was nothing to you
And yet, I thought I was everything

You fragmented before my eyes,
Transformed into everything I dispise
Hatred emanated from your face
Telling me to begone from this place
Get out of my house, you cried

Sudden, searing, a lightning strike
I was a mere child
Just like your little girl
And yet you tore me in pieces
Emotional limb from emotional limb
Frail, fragile enough already

You recocognised my condition
Without realizing it - madness
People are afraid of it
I realize this as I stumble
Half-unreal, across flat grasslands
And through crowded streets

I tense my body for death
My body tenses for death
Contemptuously, it passes me by
Those who don't want to - die
Those who do - don't

It still burns
It still turns
Revolved inside
Everytime my eyes
Fall upon you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home