Saturday, May 21, 2005

Everybody Hurts...

I am empty. I have no desires. I do not need 3-D people. In short, I am a professional misanthrope. I want to live in an empty,dark room and stare into nothingness. I want oblivion.

But I am being bombarded by people. I go to work and am assaulted by demands - helping people fill out their benefits forms, on the 'phone all day to employers, arranging work experience. 'Give these people a chance. Yes, I know they're nus. Yes, I know they've never done any paid work. But they have potential.' (It takes some effort to summon up the conviction it takes to utter these words. And when I get home there's socializing, partying,whatever you want to call it. In these dark days it's compulsory, apparently. Making 'witty' remarks, indulging in bland conversations with people I cannot stand.

It's all meaningless.

I've got to get up and turn off Patch Adams. It's really pissing me off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home