Sunday, June 19, 2005

Of Course I'm not...

I shall let Karma do its work. Cosmic justice. Bitterness is corrosive. Apparently. Oh, my acidic innards! Thoughts of vengeance are taking my mind off a long hot summer watching the seemingly ubiquitous Big Brother and my hellish hayfever. At work they take bets on how many sneezes I can manage in a row - the record so far is thirty four.

The Pseudo-Messiah clearly sees his evasion of a custodial sentence as a victory. He emerged triumphant. I don't think he is aware of how the system works. I don't think he realizes that if he commits any kind of crime within the next five years he is, as they say, going down.

Another battle with authority. This time I am being harassed by a debt collection agency employed by the Student Loan Company. A woman rang and left a message on my answerphone. When I returned the call she spoke to me in a threatening manner and said (and I quote) 'Right then, we'll be at your door.'

I rang back later and complained about the woman's aggressive approach. Another woman who seemed a little more reasonable said 'Well, we are a debt collection agency'. And then suddenly she said 'Are you recording me?'

Me: 'Huh?'

'Are you using a recording device? I heard an echo. You do know it's illegal to record someone without their permission?'

So, there we have it - a company indirectly employed by the government whose staff include a representative of the Kray Twins and a prime candidate for Paranoiacs' Anonymous.

Wonderful! Bureaucracy - gotta love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home