Monday, June 13, 2005

Another Betrayal

And I don't believe and I never did
That two wrongs make a right
But in a world that's filled with the likes of you
Then I'm putting up a fight
Putting up a fight'
R.E.M.

I saw Keith - a fellow nut, a fellow member of the circuit - on the way back from the my GP's surgery on Monday. We sat on a wall and talked about everyday, mundane things. And I wish, I really do, that we'd left it at that. And then I wouldn't be feeling bitter and disillusioned and betrayed. Somehow, the Pseudo-Messiah worked his way into our conversation. Keith said that he was on his way to see him.

'I didn't realize you were having anything more to do with him.'

He looked perplexed. 'Why on earth would I not want anything more to do with him.'

'But you know what he did to me and you and I are supposed to be friends. How can you choose him over me? After what he did?'

A string of meaningless platitudes spewed from his filthy, traitorous mouth. 'You must forgive..It is the Christian thing to do.' And worst of all, 'What he did wasn't that bad.'

This is when I exploded. 'How do you know? You weren't there.'

He turned away, avoiding my eyes and then I knew. 'You were there, weren't you?' He had seen what had happened and had failed to intervene. And such a coward does not deserve to walk the earth.

It was then that I wished I were able to get my hands on an AK47.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home