Monday, October 17, 2005

Bleeding Dew

Dark green leaves bleed dew
Onto the flat, neat green lawn
The sword is pointed at my back
Unsheathed and the globe is a realm
Of endless connections and my face
Is a mask of blue ice. Cold,
So cold. There is a glacier between us
On the morning of your departure
And those eyes of venom
They spit at me

Quintessentially middle class
I chatter while the unenlightened masses
Breed and we indulge our greed
And we pass and we hiss
At those beggars on our doorstep
And you are one of them
But we will not let you in
And I suffocate in the sickening,
Thickening violet stench
And this was my sin

I dreamt I knew, I dreamt I grew
But I remained dwarf-like
I did not resist, I did not insist
I stayed in place
I failed to tear
This mask from my face
And you no longer lie in wait
And I am a caricature
Of what I was meant to be
Destined never to be free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home