Thursday, November 24, 2005

Zyprexa

Zyprexa is driving me crazy. It seems to be creating more problems than it is designed to solve. If you prefer to spend your entire life in a soporific daze then this is the medication for you - but I bet this is not what they say on their publicity materials. My fear of gaining a phenomenal amount of weight hasn't come to fruition. I gained a little, but that was mostly water retention. I have been eating sensibly - no chocolates or crisps, and lots of veggies and water. It seems to be working although I still haven't weighed myself yet. The thought of those numbers on the scale terrifies me. My doctor says I am within the healthy weight range for my height and that's all I want to know. On Wednesday I avoided eating all day but I'll try not to make this a habit because it only leads to a series of phenomenal binges. And so the cycle continues. I have eaten more bread than I should have today and a salad but I can deal with that.

Event of the week - Hurrah, at last a government prepared to treat its citizens like sensible grown-ups, rather that sulky recalcitrant children who need to be kept in line - yes, I am talking about the 24-hour drinking laws. Now we are in line with the rest of the universe. I have to confess though that I wasn't out celebrating last night. I was tucked away snugly indoors. I can't work out why the Tories are so vehemently against it as they explored the possibility of extending drinking hours when they were in power. How quickly we forget. Perhaps it's something in the water.

Momentous event of the Week: Reading poetry in a bleak chapel.

Current project: Article on bullying - in school and in work.

And, of course, Christmas shopping.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miz said...

The bars make "last call" and sales of alcohol stops at 2 am in this part of the universe.

7:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home