Thursday, December 29, 2005

First Snowfall of the Year

Time to celebrate the first snowfall of the year which coincided with my first binge. A huge meal of vegetarian quiche and chips. At home I eat little and often. I was obliged to purge. As I listened to the ever entertaining Charlie Wolf. To use his own favourite insult against him: what an utter schmuck! 'The one thing I dislike about this country (the UK,' he announced to the nation, 'is its devotion to the Welfare State.' Well, bog off then, Mr. Wolf, and I strongly suggest that the next time you move away from the good old U.S of A that you do some research first. Or did someone put a gun to your head and force you to move here. I know - it must be frustrating, we're so un-American. Well, guess what, there is a very good reason for that. And, speaking of the welfare state, I once corresponded with a medical student at Michigan University who was receiving S.S.D.I., Medicaid, living in section 8 Housing and driving a Saab. Just who is wedded to the Welfare State again? I know of no one in this country who is on state benefits and living in such luxury. Call me strange, but I think if you're well enough to be a medical student you're well enough to be relatively independent of the state. Charlie Wolf, it seems to me, revels in his own moral superciliousness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home