Friday, December 23, 2005

Good New Year

On New Years Eve, last year I whispered to God, 'Please, whatever Deity you worship. make life a thousand times more interesting than last year'. I remember whispering to God or some unidentifiable deity asking him to please, please, make my life interesting. Lesson Here Kids: 'Be careful what you wish for. It may come true.' That last quote was from the pen of the playwright: Oscar Wild in Lady Windemere's Fan. I played a walk-on role in that play in out local Youth Theatre, before anorexia attacked with a vengeance..

Remember Martin Luther King urged us to judge people on the content of their character rather that the colour of their skins. I'd like to see that adopted for the 'Feminist' movement', disparate as it is. acknowledging of course that that there are those who don't wish to reach the dizzy heights of a comporate career. Individual cloice, anyone? I thought we were defending that position in Iraq.

Clearly, I do not advocate pullling troups out of Iraq and giving in to the terrorists. What would leave behind - carnage. They should really have gone onto Iraq in the beginning - marched onto Baghdad and obliterated Saddam and dynasty, But, strangely, no one paid and anttenion of my milistary plan because 1. I was atill at school. 2. I was a bit nutty 3. My voice was not raised loud amidst the thronging 'Bring the Boys Home'

Out of the mouthes of babes, huh?

Eight hours to pass before my Mother arrives to collect me.

Writing however badly seems to take the edge off the anxiety

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home