Thursday, May 25, 2006

Criminality and the Underclass

I came across this observation in Auschwitz, the Nazis and the Final Solution (Laurence Rees) (I am assuming familiarity with the context): '...the individuals who sat at the table at the Wannsee conference were salaried functionaries from one of Europe's great nations, not back-street terrorists, though their crimes were to be greater than any conventional 'criminal' act in the history of the world. Equally instructive, when some still refer to an ill-educated 'criminal underclass', is that of the fifteen people around the table eight had academic doctorates.' (My italics).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

1:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

7:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home