Saturday, April 02, 2005

Playing Catch Up

It seems I am playing Catch Up once again. Yes, Sunday was a fine evening to round off a apocalyptic weekend but unfortunately, Monday came around again. The fire made the local paper. I rang mother up to tell her about it. She expressed sympathy for my (hopefully former) neighbour. Oh, mother, if only you had been that sympathetic towards me when I was ill. Kind of topsy-turvey. You can muster up sympathy for a complete stranger but none for your own daughter. There were calls to make - to the insurance company etc. One of my computers and my mini-disc player is completely screwed. And the books I had just purchased from Amazon have lost their new and shiny look although I doubt I shall be reimbursed for them as there is a £50 excess charge.

There are some things that simply cannot be insured.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home