Saturday, May 21, 2005

Over the Pacific

Above and below, a great abyss
The sea and the sky, they unify
They come together to greet me
This is it. I have anticipated it.
The end. My personal precipice

I do not know why but I have always
Longed to fly, to surge though the sky
For I was raised in mountainous country
As close to the clouds as you could get
While still being anchored to the earth

Agape, I traced the shape
Of the stars by night
Of the clouds by day
I wanted to hurl myself
Into that everlasting

Darkness or the everlasting blue
I'd watch the stars stream past
Forming a pattern I could not comprehend
And my last inner visions of those mountains
My last thought is of a village - desolate and decaying

As I plunge into the ocean
Once a combatant, now I capitulate
There is no desolation, no wasteland here
I am what I always wanted to be
A part of the waves; a part of the sea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home