Monday, June 25, 2007

Yet Another Response

to this:
(Scroll down to the comments section)

Post 1:

What is the world coming to when 'mentally ill' people are permitted to use the internet? You are aware that statistically 'mentally ill' people are more likely to be the victims of crime rather than the perpetrators? No, I didn't think you were.

Post 2:

My post was not an attempt to defend Ms. Lowde but rather a comment upon the somewhat disturbing views on the mentally ill. As I said most mentally ill people do not behave like Ms. Lowde. Most mentally ill people are more of a risk to themselves than to others. Will you not open your mind to the wider implications of people's comments on this case? I myself have a mental heath problem that is controlled by a small dose of medication. I have never nor would I ever deliberately harm someone.

I would also like to know why, if Ms. Lowde is deemed to be mentally ill is she not in a secure hospital rather than a prison. I was physically attacked two years ago and that crime was not deemed serious enough to warrant a prison sentence. And there was I thinking we had equality before the law.

Finally, to the person comparing Ms. Lowde's crimes to those of Hindley and Brady - seriously, get a sense of perspective.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home